Friday, January 13, 2017

Electricity

WARNING: do not stray out of this post unless you are alright with stumbling across potentially NSFW language and content.


context: http://thenewteddy.blogspot.ca/2016/11/generator-power.html


My heater alone costs $4 a day to run, or 1mWh
If my math is right, I use only 18kWh to cook, but use 432 keeping the lights on, the fridge running, and the computer working

according to this
http://www.ontarioenergyboard.ca/OEB/Consumers/Electricity/Your+Electricity+Utility
My bill would be $250, presuming I use 1500kWh, which is reasonable, as the actual math adds to near 1450

My landlord pays that $250, as my rent is all-inclusive.
Given I pay $535 a month, it is starting to make sense why he never seems to have money for repairs.

Ironically, he does not have money to properly insulate the building; which would likely chop a massive amount off his hydro bill. If all ~20 other residents are using as much power as I am, he's paying $5K a month, and he could cut that perhaps as much as half by just properly insulating the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment