Saturday, July 16, 2016

A personal attack

Just quickie on what a personal attack is and is not.

If I told Justin Trudeau that he sucked at Basketball, is that a personal attack?
Well technically, yes. Trudeau, however, is not a professional basketball player. Nor is he known for his basketball skills. As such, while it might be such an attack, him getting overly offended by this would be comical.

Now what if I told Michael Jordan that he sucked at Basketball. Now that is a flat out personal attack, without any question. Jordan is not only defined by his basketball ability, but has gone so far as for his ability to define basketball. Basketball is his thing and as such, attacking him on it, even slightly, is a direct personal attack.



Now what am I known for? Well in some places for maps. In other places for video games. And in other places for running for office itself.

But what I'm most known for is explaining what's going on in the world to people, especially when those things going on are political.

Not only that, but I go out of my way to let people know that I define myself by my ability to explain the world to people, and, with my miniature youtube career, it may soon be how I make my living.

As such, and sit back because this may surprise you:

ATTACKING MY ABILITY TO EXPLAIN WORLD EVENTS IS A HIGHLY PERSONAL ATTACK, AND I WILL TAKE IT AS SUCH.


That's not to say you can't. You may, for example, honestly feel that Jordan was a bad basketball player.

However, if you do so, you (are either an blithering idiot, or you) must be fully aware that Jordan has every right to be deeply, deeply personally offended. 



Thank you for your time

No comments:

Post a Comment